Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another Move...

The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.
--Oliver Wendell Holmes

Since getting married in January of 1999, I have moved a total of 7 times. This is about to increase to 8 with our move next month. Jeff's new job will pay moving expenses and we were pretty excited to have a professional company do all the work for us. Unfortunately, our house hasn't sold yet, the land we REALLY want isn't for sale yet, and we don't want to buy a house and tie ourselves to it (thus putting off building our dream house for who knows how long). So, we are going to be staying with my parents until we decide what we need/want to do.

This leaves us with the dilemma of what to do with our belongings while we are in limbo. We ordered two PODS to fill with our household items (dishes, towels, sheets, glassware, etc.) and other things like holiday decorations, camping supplies, etc. We have pretty much decided to leave our larger furniture in the house until it sells. It will give the house that "staged" look and solve our problem of where to store everything until we need it.

Now we are going to have to get serious about a realtor. I have to admit I have really been putting this off. I cringe to think of the check we will have to write them. But, I also realize that each month the house sits unoccupied is money down the drain. I really don't want to do this moving-thing anymore. I am tired of packing and unpacking boxes. I am so ready to have my garden-like property with an enchantingly beautiful cottage-esque house situated prettily on it. Is that too much to ask? I am not serious. I know it is a lot to ask, and I hope that I will be as grateful for it when I get it as I imagine I will be.

So, prayers please that our house sells quickly; that we can buy the property we have our eyes on; and that our path will be smooth and straight in designing and building our future home.

Now THAT is one move I greatly anticipate...


2 comments:

  1. i know what it is like to put your things down in boxes, not knowing when you will be able to get them out again. it is draining, it is sad, it is a part of you, and whereever you are living, it doesn't feel nearly like home before you have all your belongings. I pray that it wont be long, and this transition time will go by quickly and smoothly, and while it last - that joys and blessings with be sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks Martine. I really needed that!

    ReplyDelete