Wednesday, June 8, 2011

In Zermatt

We spent yesterday and this morning in the lovely Swiss town of Zermatt. It is very isolated and features stunning views of the Matterhorn. It is such a charming town. There are very few vehicles allowed (mostly miniature trucks). In fact, there is a large fee charged if you want to drive your vehicle to the city. This makes it a very pedestrian friendly area filled with charming boutiques and restaurants. Flower boxes adorn homes, hotels, and other places of business. (I LOVE that!)

Typically, the best views of the Matterhorn occur in the morning. It was rainy and we were afraid that the weather wouldn't cooperate. However, last night Jeff called me from his run and told me to run to the window and look. Sure enough, the clouds had cleared to the point where we could clearly see that spectacular mountain. I am so glad we had the opportunity to see it and to photograph it.

I was able to find an adorable traditional swiss dress for Lilah, a stuffed St. Bernard plush toy for Noah, and Swiss Army Knives (engraved) for Adam and Seth. I still am on the lookout for the perfect gifts for John John and Luke. I love shopping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment