Monday, September 5, 2011

Wow...a lot has happened since my last post. Jeff and I finished our trip out west with the children and arrived in Alabama. We were there just a few days before leaving for our cruise. We were on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. It really is a spectacular ship. We had a great time, except the first night I had cramping and bleeding again. After the cruise, I made an appointment with an OB/Gyn because I feared I might have had an incomplete miscarriage. The closest appointment I could get was for September 1st.

Around midnight the evening of the 24th I began cramping terribly. After suffering 2 hours, I woke Jeff up and told him we had to go to the ER. He agreed and we went to St. Vincent's. This was a great blessing, because after both a traditional and vaginal ultrasound it was apparent that I had an ectopic pregnancy. This was highly unusual and unsuspected because I have no history of any kind of problems that would result in an ectopic pregnancy and I have already vaginally delivered 6 babies. I had to go right in for emergency surgery and have three little scars to show for it. I still feel the loss of this baby. I yearn for another child--I feel like there is another waiting to come to our family.

I was so blessed to have quality, appropriate care. It could have been so much worse...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you blogged about how it came to be you were in emergency surgery. I was wondering about how it all unfolded. I'm so glad that you are ok and can't imagine all of the emotions that you have gone through with such an experience. You are still in my prayers and I can't wait to see you in November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really healing to write about it, Jill. I'm doing much better now. Can't wait to see y'all, either!

    ReplyDelete