Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wearing My "Falsies"


I always wanted bigger ones.  Luscious and voluptuous--a striking profile.  No silly, not those kind of 'falsies'.  I am referring to  false eyelashes.  As a young girl I embraced the physical manifestations of femininity--most often exhibited in the form of the super long eyelash.  My princesses, forest animals, and yes, even my octopi, had excessively disproportionate lashes.  My obsession led me to try these out on my own.

Do they look real?  No, of course not.  Do I care.  No, of course not.  If the fine young ladies of Lawrence Welk can wear them, then why not I?  If the pop songstresses and starlets actively flaunt lashes not found in nature (except on the occasional male--so UNFAIR!), why couldn't I give it a go.  I was interested to see how others would react to my chosen adornment.  So what did my experiment reveal?

Lots of people looked me in the eye--well a little above the eye--when speaking to me.  I lowered my eyes demurely  when a door was held for me, to which  I replied, "thank you" and was granted a "my pleasure" instead of the more common  "you're  welcome."  A coincidence?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  ;)  I think word passed quickly through my groups of friends and acquaintances.  Many more people sought my company--if only to take a gander at my eye accessories.

Will I continue wearing them?  Some times.  Not every week of course, but often I do believe.  They're fun and they bring out a little bit more of the girly girl in my personality (I know a lot of you will say MORE GIRLY GIRL????  HA!).  Then there's the added benefit of not having to wear mascara.  So when you see me wearing them, I won't take offense if you take a second peek!  I might even flutter them at you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment