Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Top Twelve Favorite ABBA Songs...In No Particular Order :)



I grew up listening to--and loving--ABBA.  My parents were fans, and my sister and I spent hours with microphones singing along while the albums played.  Tara would be Agnetha--because she was very light blonde, and I would be Frida--because I was darker-haired.  We have such wonderful memories tied to this group.  I decided to make a "Top 10" list and failed.  I just couldn't do it.  I managed to make a Top 12.  I almost cried having to leave out "Fernando", "Chiquitita", "Ring Ring", "Knowing Me, Knowing You", "SOS", and "Mamma Mia", among many, many others.  What a great sound this group had.  What talent!  In no particular order, let us get to the wonder of ABBA and their lovely, magical music!



--Andante, Andante  

I love this one because it is so romantic and Frida takes the lead...





--The King Has Lost His Crown

My father's personal favorite.  I love the warm tone of Frida's voice.





--Dancing Queen

Probably the best known and best loved ABBA song--and for good reason.  Every time I hear it I want to dance.  And be a queen.  ;)










--The Day Before You Came

The storyteller in me loves this song.  Agnetha's crystal clear soprano is the perfect foil for the melancholic tone of this piece.







--Kisses of Fire

Hot kisses.  Of Fire.  Enough said.








--Angel Eyes

Ooh!  Love this one.  Can't you just imagine his eyes??  Can't you just imagine the heartbreak??  Run, girl, run!!

                                    



--The Winner Takes It All

The ultimate break up song--when you're the one getting your heart broken.  Makes me cry every time...

                                                    

                                              




--Waterloo

 Love the upbeat tempo of this one.  It also has a neat little history lesson in its lyrics.

                                              
                                                




--Rock Me

Okay, this one is a little sexy; but I LOVE it!  What a fun song--and Bjorn takes the lead...


                                                   


--Super Trouper

I absolutely love this song.  It was how I remember my infatuation with Scotland beginning--as Glasgow is mentioned.  Hey, from there you just had to go to kilts, bagpipes, and the Highlands--SOLD!  ;)


                                                       

--Voulez-Vous

The title is in French, which captivated my little girl imagination.  When I was young I thought it was about dancing, which solidified it as one of my faves.



                                                          

--Does Your Mother Know

Another one sung by Bjorn--girl, you're too young!!

                                                             


I hope you've enjoyed this little trip through ABBA memory lane.  I sure did!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment