Thursday, May 19, 2011

Apron of the Week--Birthday Party Apron


May is a very special month in our family. Three of our six beautiful children were born in May. John John was born on the 2nd, Noah on the 22nd, and Seth on the 29th. This translates to a lot of birthday cake during this month. By the time Seth's special day rolls around I am tempted to ask, "Wouldn't you like a birthday PIE?" But, I don't do that, because each child is precious and sharing a tradition like birthday cake shouldn't be denied. Now, if HE decides one of these years that he would prefer a pie, I will be happy to oblige! :)

Because we are right in the middle of what I call "Birthday Season", I would like to share my "Birthday Apron" with you. It features an adorable scene with a mix of six kittens and puppies anxiously awaiting their birthday treat. It is a festive scene and a very fun apron. I love the colorful polka dots and the general sense of happiness and celebration this apron portrays. I wear it on birthdays, so this apron gets worn 8 times a year. What delightful memories are made--and they are associated with this thin piece of cloth! When I pull the "Birthday Apron" out, it is as if I am pulling out memories of birthdays past with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment