Friday, May 6, 2011

The Trip to Salt Lake City


My mother arrived at 10:30 or so on Wednesday evening. She was there to watch over my babies while I went to my very first writer's conference EVER!! The next morning, Jeff dropped Jill and me off at the airport. We cruised through security and made our way onto the airplane. We had no problems and arrived in Houston in time. With such a short layover, we were unable to get breakfast. We were SO hungry. Fortunately, Continental/United had their snack boxes available.

Jill had talked about a particular snack box before. She was very happy to find that this particular snack box was still being served. She bought one and I bought two just in case we needed snacks for our hotel room. We were not disappointed in this snack box! It is called Tapas and contained 3 different kinds of crackers, a parmesan cheese spread, a marinated artichoke and red pepper topping, garden vegetable hummus, olives, and a very stong (thank goodness! :) ) yummy, anise-flavored mint. The snack box was very filling and delicious. We were surprised to find it was only 553 calories...I'll take that!! :)

Our flight to Salt Lake City was pleasant. We visited and I finished Betsy Brannon Green's "Murder By Design". (Very good!). We caught a quick shuttle to our hotel and were able to check in early. We were hungry and decided to have an early Cinco de Mayo Dinner at Red Iguana. The food was fine--not the best I've had but good for Salt Lake City I was told. The non-alcoholic Pina Colada was delicious. We called the shuttle and rode back to the hotel. We were towards the back of the shuttle and felt every bump--occasionally coming off of our seats. Who needs Disney World, we joked!

I showered and turned in early, sleeping over 9 hours. That was awesome! We just woke, dressed, and enjoyed a continental breakfast. Conference begins soon!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why was the hummus called garden vegetable hummus? What distinguishes it from normal hummus?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was just flavored with garden vegetables--very tasty.

    ReplyDelete