Monday, January 24, 2011

What is in a name?


When I decided to start this blog I wanted to search for a name that conveyed a little of what I hope to accomplish with it. Primarily, this blog will serve as an electronic journal. I have used Facebook quite a bit, and some of the things I would like to use as status updates I realized might find a better home in a more personal place. Thus, this blog is born. I chose the name "The Fountain of Sweet Tears" from William Wordsworth--one of my most favorite poets. The full quote reads,

"She gave me eyes, she gave me ears;
And humble cares, and delicate fears;
A heart, the fountain of sweet tears;
And love, and thought, and joy."

So, this blog will contain posts from my heart. My posts may be trivial or important, silly or serious, happy or sad--but everything I post will be special to me in some way. Unlike Facebook, if you do not particularly care about what I am having for dinner, or what cute/silly/scary thing one of my children did one day, or whatever random thoughts I might have on art, or music, or politics, or religion, etc.--you do not have to read any further. But, if you find any of this interesting you are welcome to visit every once in a while. Bienvenue!

No comments:

Post a Comment