Sunday, April 17, 2011

Crazy Summer Ahead!!


I sat down last week to put my upcoming events on a calendar--I was literally floored at how busy the next few months will be. It started yesterday, with two Easter Egg Hunts. This week, I have a field trip to New Orleans (with Seth), Easter lunch at school with Adam and Seth, and a Field Trip to LSU (with Noah). I teach the Relief Society lesson next Sunday, which also happens to be Easter Sunday. At least I can look forward to a yummy dinner!!

The week following Easter is our Spring Break. I plan on taking the kids with me and heading to Alabama to visit with my parents. Jeff will drive in that Friday evening (probably with the Gomez's) for Becky McCain's temple wedding to Steve Ennis. We are so happy to be able to share this happy occasion with them! We will attend church with my parents, then drive home that evening.

The next day (May 2nd) is John John's 6th birthday. He is growing up so fast! Mom will come to our house that Wednesday so that I can fly out Thursday to Salt Lake City to attend the LDS Story Maker's Writing Conference. I am so excited about this! i have so much to learn and cannot wait to listen to the speakers, etc.

I'm flying in late Saturday night so that I can be here for Mother's Day on Sunday, May 8th. It will be my last Mother's Day with Adam in Primary. I wanted to be sure to be there to hear him sing a song for me. (little sob!) The following Saturday evening is the Celtic Woman concert in Bossier City, LA. I am SO excited to get to go and hear them--as well as get to meet a couple of them afterwards. What an awesome Mother's Day gift!!!

The following week will be our Cousin's Camp. Tara and her family and my parents will try to come together and let the kids PLAY, PLAY, PLAY! It will be so GREAT to get to visit with them!! The week will end with an adults' trip to Bocage. We've rented out the whole house for a leisurely break for the grown-ups. We will tour it and Houmas House that weekend. Sunday is the extra special day as Noah turns eight and gets baptized. We are so proud of him!!

May 29th will mark Seth's 10th birthday. He has become such a responsible young man. I am so proud of him! Then, on June 2, Jeff and I fly out to Switzerland for his conference. We will be visiting Switzerland and Italy for 11 days. I am really anticipating this! It has really been a lifetime's dream of mine to see Europe. This will be phase 1!!

After Europe, we have Father's Day and Lilah's 3rd Birthday. Then, we move to Alabama!!!! In late July/early August we will head for California to visit family and attend my niece's Cami's wedding...What a Summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you do have a busy summer ahead!! But it sounds like it's going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete